I do an open format radio show on Radio Regent online out of Regent Park in Toronto every Friday from 5 p.m. til 7,called CORBY's ORBIT playing everymusic, so far no Death Metal or light opera but who knows?http://www.radioregent.com/
Illustration by John Kricfalusi
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi
* Julian Taylor ~ Desert Star ~ Desert Star NEW DISK ~ @ Dora Keough Mondays & @ The Horsewshoe Friday, 28 November
* The Dead South ~ Honey You ~ Good Company ~ @ The Horseshoe Tuesday 25 November
* Scott B. ~ Save Me Too ~ Unfinished Sympathy ~ @ The Tranzac Saturday, 28 November
* Broadsway ~ Song For A Winter's Night ~ The Most Wonderful Time - Maybe NEW DISK ~ @ The Jazz Bistro Saturday 9 & 10:30
5:40 Nous Vous Aymar Beaucoup
* Jay Aymar ~ Passing Through / Interview ~ The Chicken Came First ~ @ Hugh's Room Thursday 26 November for CD / book release
6:00 Hearts & Rhymes For Ron Hynes (December 7, 1950 – November 19, 2015)
* Jay Aymar ~ Overtime ~ The Chicken Came First NEW DISK
* Ron Hynes ~ Get Back Change ~ Get Back Change
* Kim Stockwood ~ St. John's Waltz ~ Back To The Water
* Ron Hynes ~ All For The U.S.A. / Home From The U.S.A. / Yanks ~ Stealing Genius
* Matthew Byrne ~ Hearts ~ Hearts & Heroes NEW DISK @ Hugh's Room Saturday for A Tribute To Stan Rogers
* Gary & Whit ~ Good-bye ~ Matches NEW DISK
* Ron Hynes ~ A Good Dog Is Lost ~ Get Back Change
6:30 Parisian Passion Plays
Mariza ~ Sem Ti ~ Mundo NEW DISK
Frank Turner ~ The Next Storm ~ Positive Songs For negative People ~ @ Danforth Music Hall, 11 March 2016
Van Morrison ~ Ballerina (Long Version) ~ Astral Weeks Remastered NEW DISK
Here come the man and he say, he say the show must go on So all you gotta do / Is ring the bell / And step right up, and step right up And step right up / Just like a ballerina, yeah, yeah Crowd will catch you / Fly it, sight it, c'mon, die it, yeah / Just like a ballerina
Serani ~ Dark Clouds ~ Reggae Island Riddim
6:45 Stray Songs & Bullet Ballads
The Dutch jazz Orchestra ~ Blue Star ~ Portrait Of A Silk Thread - Newly Discovered Works By Billy Strayhorn (November 29, 1915 – May 31, 1967) Queer Songbook Orchestra: Billy's Birthday, a Billy Strayhorn Centennial @ The Burdock Sunday 29 November / Toronto Music Listings
* Jon Brooks ~ Felix Culpa ~ The Smiling & Beautiful Countryside ~ @ The Cameron House Mondays in November 6 p.m.
* Jen Lane feat. John Antoniuk ~ Lost ~ @ The Cameron Tuesday 24 8 p.m. and @ Opera Bob's Sunday
Overall, as Orbital parlance would justifiably have it, I am uplifted by the fabulosity of my bloggish progress:
I've just reached a total of 70,000 page views.
This is my 800th post over 5 years.
This year, my monthly audience is up to an average of over 2000 hits.
Direct your regard below to see the story spun out in data.
My global blog audience is probably indicative of my listenership, although I no doubt attract a lot of people just putting "Canadian Music" names into their search engines.
Rather than rest on my launchers with this moderately successful cyber-reward, however, I'm going to challenge myself to boost up attendance a little by recruiting new "members" and engaging the few subscribers that I already have, SO... Since the regular high point of the year for interest in my content (see those five spikes on the graph?) are my year-end personal assessment posts of the fifty best records of the year, I would like one of you to receive hard copies of a collection of the Corby's Orbit Top Ten CD's of 2015, free. All you will need to do is A) Become a follower of Corby's Orbit (at this spot on the Blog) >>> B) Send me a list of YOUR Top Ten disks from this year (in the Comments at the bottom of this page) C) And the Follower who provides the one list which proves to be the most alluring / informed / inspirationaly contiguous (to me) will get a snail mail package sometime before Christmas, suitable for binge-listening, re-gifting and Subcultural Intergalactic bragging rights. (Deets to be worked out with the winner, confidentially, on SocMed). Dealsies? Start compiling. Contest closes at midnight on December 31.