Corby's Orbit

Corby's Orbit
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Playlist for show of Friday, 22 March 2013

Guest:  Larry Graves of Drumhand
( brought to you by Canadian Schmoozic & The Genre du Jour vs. Unaffected Affections) 5-7 p.m. online http://www.radioregent.com/ and at tunein.ca .  Canadians in Asterisk’d RED.

5:00  Winning Constellations
*Nuela Charles ~ The Good Ones ~Aware @The Gladstone Hotel tonight CMF
Emeli Sandé ~ Wonder ~ Our Version Of Events
*The Matinee ~ The Sinking Of The Greenhill Park ~ @ The Supermarket Tonight @ The Horseshoe Wednesday CMF
*Aidan Knight ~ A  Mirror ~ Small Reveal @ The Horseshoe Saturday CMF
*Ron Sexsmith ~ Snake Road @ Randolph Theatre tonight CMF

5:20  Applause-able Arguments
*Pocket Dwellers ~ Critical Acclaim ~ @ The Piston tonight
*Imaginary Cities ~ Ride This Out ~ @ Lee’s Palace tonight CMF
*Cold Specks ~ The Mark ~@Kool Haus tonight CMF
*Adaline ~ The Spark ~@Velvet Underground tonight CMF
Apparat Organ Ensemble ~ Polýnésia ~ @ The Drake Underground tonight CMF
*Elephant Stone ~ The Sacred Sound  CMF

5:45  Plunk Of The Tongue. & Lilt Of The Drum
Rodney Crowell ~ Moving Work Of Art ~@Massey Hall tonight
M. Ni Mhaonaigh & F. Kennedy ~ Cin No gCumann
*Drumhand ~ The Arrival @ Gerrard Artspace  tomorrow / Interview with Larry Graves

6:00  Earth Tone Poems
Kurt Elling ~ Walt Whitman’s “A Child Said What Is The Grass?” @ Living Arts Center tonight
Massive Attack feat. Horace Andy ~ Hymn Of The Big Wheel (Earth Day tomorrow)
*Michelle McAdorey ~ Leave The Main Road  CMF
*Jordan McIntosh ~ Walk Away CMF
*Jordan Klassen ~ I Am A Collector ~@El Mocambo tonight CMF
*Sarah MacDougall ~ The Greatest Ones Alive ~@ The Cameron tonight CMF
*Lily Frost ~ Secrets ~@Painted Lady Thursday, 28 March

6:45  Toronto Musical Astro-Disiacs dispensed over T.S. Monk’s “Ugly Beauty”

*The Crooked Brothers ~ Another Sun :
“I got everything / I got everything /
I got everything I could use / I got funk I got country I got Rhythm and Booze
I got this crooked little heart / I got this thing for you /  I’ve got this little trick I’ve been dying to do.”


No comments:

Post a Comment